Thursday 10 January 2013

Day 10 and had a slip at the muddy bridge



Brrrr it was so cold this morning. I said to Pongo at 7.30 are you sure you want to go walkies but like all dogs he just gave me sad eyes and stood by the street door dutifully waiting. So a-walking we did go, not a great walk as a man on a bike with a staffie running with him spoke to me. Pongo isn’t the most tolerant of other dogs so I was secretly happy when he went into one barking like the time when Cruella stole his puppies. When I go out with Pongo I like to walk fast, get to the fields, muzzle on and let him go run and try to catch us some supper although the 2 swans now just look at him bounding towards them and leave it to the last moment to take off honking and do a low Vulcan like fly past as said dumb dog still runs thinking he will take off too. First photo today is sunrise, cold, frosty but no mist and an early morning 3km. Lets hope for no snow and just a cold snap.



 So it was home to do a few chores and then second trip out for the days run. I had an hour for running as need to shower and drive to be at work for 12. Kim and I were unsure on a route but as the flooding has subsided and I love to run a special route which is my first run route from when I was much bigger and also couldn’t run much we chose that one. When I run it now I get an enormous sense of achievement as I pass places I used to run to and turn back until one day I did the whole 10 km, which is what I had to run as the last leg of the triathlon. Today’s plan was to run and touch the gate and back, petty and childish but that’s what I am like. This is Kim touching the gate at what we call Locksmiths’ cottages, it’s not even the right name it’s just the couple who lived there before had a van from work and was a call out locksmith.


It’s actually a top secret route, although today we saw a running man and the environmental man who was either measuring the river levels or looking for a swan pestering Dalmatian. The problem with this route is it’s mainly off road, bumpy and I’ve gone over a few times, once with Pongo pulling. My Mum has also slipped and cut her head open down here too, so it’s not a sensible route as when Mum cut her eye and hurt her leg we had to either walk 2.5 km East or West to a road and when I went over I did more damage running/hobbling back as I was freezing after being sweaty and very stupid to try running. So after all this talk yes I went skidding and twisted my knee, ankle and thigh on the mud bridge.


I had a couple of pain killers as I was going to work and didn’t want to be in pain there. I also had a headache so killed two birds with one stone. Times were pretty rubbish too but we did have to walk some as it was just unrunnable and also my slip slowed us down. I am happy to report the flooding is over and the cottage has a garden rather a moat surrounding it and the pumps have been turned off and the pipes lie like 3 flat coloured snakes.


I am wondering if I can count walking around Lakeside with Amber as part of the Janathon? It was a long one and included another yo sushi. I have worked out how I am second in the Janathon league table, if you click on hours spent I have done 48 so that’s a excellent, but after today maybe yoga tomorrow..

Totals
Off road running:-  9km
Walking around Lakeside after being at work:- 2 hours
Sore knee, thigh ankle, just one, the left side  

No comments:

Post a Comment