Monday 21 January 2013

Day 212 or does it just seem like that?

Today’s blog is brought to you by Teenage heartthrobs of 1980’s courtesy of MTV, who made me even more unable to complete anything and kept drawing me back to the TV all afternoon, thanks MTV.

Today is Blue Monday. I am blue but not because of the day but because some kids said your dog looks like a cow. I have had many comments about having a Dalmatian, mainly nice, occasionally your dog’s got spots but always is his name Pongo? And yes he is Prince Charming (Adam and the Ants).

Look at him, he’s so not a cow, I put my hands over his ears, it’s like someone had “shot a poison arrow to my heart” (ABC). I am also blue today as I have the dentist tomorrow for a massive white filling and a huge hole in my pocket to go with pain and numbness, maybe I need a “blue hat for a blue day” (Nick Heyward).
Outdoor breakfast anyone?

Oh yes so when I woke up snow is still here, 
no more but no less and all glistening and pretty. Our roads were really icy and as I am a bit of a wimp Mike dropped me down the gym for a morning in “Paradise City” (Guns N Roses) and I was pretty much alone. The treadmill said “take on me“ (A-Ha) and there I stayed doing interval training with a few sustained 12½ km bursts, which is most excellent for me. I had a jolly bike ride and went for a distance of 15km and not bother about time and achieved “Gold” (Spandau Ballet). Still had time before I was being picked up so went for a few weights, some abs work on the ball and power plates. 
Tonight we went for a short walk but the snow has frozen and it was like we were “Dancing in the Dark” (Bruce Springsteen) from slipping about.
More sad news from my run buddy as she has stronger painkillers and another week of resting, so sad for us both as whenever I want to run she’s there and “I need you tonight” (INXS). We are parted for longer but don’t forget “I’m never gonna give you up” (Rick Astley) and sure we can sneak a coffee in or maybe a “red, red wine” (UB40).
So I think it’s time for me to say “wherever I lay my hat that’s my home “(Paul Young) and stop this nonsense blog.

Today totals
Running, treadmill   9km long boring
Biking 15km
Powerplate, ball, weights 25 mins
Watching MTV in-between doing 10 other things and losing the plot most of the afternoon
Good news from Devon 1 major

No comments:

Post a Comment