Monday 28 January 2013

Day 28-It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife.


In celebration of 200 years since publication of Pride and Prejudice and as a secret bookie with a First class honours in English Literature, also working in a library I feel today I will sneak in a few Austen quotes. I am not an Elizabeth Bennett fan, even though Bennett was my maiden name and have always preferred Fanny Price as my ideal heroine, or maybe wonder woman, so Austen quotes will be all encompassing tonight.
Jemma's Breakfast smile

I pull into the gym and I can see Kim, looking slimmer and as elegant as ever in black, is there to greet me for run time. “Run mad as long as you choose, but do not faint” (Pride and Prejudice). Poor Kim’s back is unhealed and to run could be classed as “Silly things do cease to be silly if they are done by sensible people in an impudent way.” (Emma). Naughtily, after running Kim goes back to the Doctor and after an MRI scan may have to have surgery, our hearts sink but we can still power walk “I walk: I prefer walking.” (Persuasion). I hate running alone but no buddy makes me think I won’t want to run, but maybe people will say “She was stronger alone…” (Sense and Sensibility). Poor Kim “Her mind was all disorder. The past, present, future, everything was terrible.” (Mansfield Park). I know one thing that run breeze socks don’t last very long as the seam has come undone.
I had a bit of stability ball work and some arm weights and rushed home as Jemma and Liam were packing to go back to Devon after spending a lovely weekend with us. “It was a delightful visit; perfect, in being much too short.” (Emma)
Cats at 1.00pm
Cats at 6.30pm

Time was not on my side and as soon as they depart I got ready for work “Oh! Do not attack me with your watch. A watch is always too fast or too slow. I cannot be dictated to by a watch” (Mansfield Park). I was going for the train, then Mike was giving me a lift but no “You must be the best judge of
your own happiness. “ (Emma) on the bike I went and rode to work. Not my best move as it was so windy I almost had to dismount on the do not ride across the bridge and cyclists dismount here sign, how amusing to be blown into the actual sign, so glad no one could see me. To top it all it started to fine rain at 5km so I sped up and arrived at work flushed and sticky. The cats knew this was coming and when I came in from work they remained unmoved.
It was like a storm come the end of the working day. “to hope was to expect” (Sense and Sensibility) and lucky for me Mr. T had arrived and put my bike in the back of the Galaxy for a lift home. It was home for a pasta tea “I am very strong. Nothing ever fatigues me, but doing what I do not like.” (Mansfield Park) and I like pasta, I made a veggie sauce “It’s been many years since I had such an exemplary vegetable.” (Pride and Prejudice). As the weather was just so bad it was a quick dog walk and home flop in the sofa and blog “One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.” (Emma).
Let’s finish with one last quote “There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends. I have no notion of loving people by halves, it is not my nature.” (Northanger Abbey)


Todays totals
Balls and weights
Run 7.75km
Bike ride 7.25 kms
Sadness at Jemma and Liam going back to Devon, mega




No comments:

Post a Comment