Saturday 19 January 2013

Day 19 and today is a non-moaning day, ha ha tricked ya


First and most importantly why have Marks and Spencer not got a £10 dinner for 2 meal deal on this weekend, I may need to go into counselling as when I work on a Saturday part of the unspoken rules say I can be assured of a quality meal, dessert and wine when I get home but today it’s a touch and go Sainsbury meal and wine from the Christmas leftovers.

Second moan is the weather, yes again and how very British to talk about the weather but we have a complete and utter lack of snow, it even rained whilst I was at work this afternoon. This made me text Mike to send new instructions, get the bike ready for you and I’ll run as soon as I get in from work.  I didn’t get a morning run today; my bear running companions are both poorly, Mummy Bear has her bad back/leggy and Baby Bear has a cold and I was also a bit worried about the snow and ice at 6.30/7.00 am this morning so didn’t want to go alone. I was just so jealous when I saw 4 runners as I went into work. This means the whole day is spent thinking shall I/shan’t I go running. The actual plan was for Mike to pick me up and go to gym for a swim at 5.30 and after all the heartache of shall I, shan’t I, is it too cold, is it slippy we reverted to the original plan to swim. I was so glad we did as it was a really nice swim I forgot how good it was to just churn out length after length. It’s the only sport I did when I was at my biggest, gosh 7 and a bit stone ago. 
Photo is me dressed as a Walrus, but it was for charity
Mike and I trained by swimming with a triathlon group in a local open water lake and completed a mile in the Thames back in 2009. Swimming today as a pair and a little competition brings all the memories back. The swim did turn into a sauna, steam and Jacuzzi but I think we earnt it.

Third moan is why do trainers not fit my deformed bunion big toes and extra long 4th toe? I have had 3 pairs of Asics that are all expertly measured by Sweat Shop to fit my gait and they have all given way and came apart and it looks like the same on my second pair of GT2160’s. What trainers can I get? I had Brookes and they were so-so, I just bloody like Asics best and although I did the half marathon in the Brookes they are all big and not as nice so I don’t wear them much now and they are 2012  specials.

That’s my finger as the netting given way on the seam

Left and right foot.
Didn’t even walk the dog, tonight lack of snow but Pongo has a limpy foot too. Had my Sainsbury dinner and now it’s flop time, been cold  all day at work with no one about so it was long and drab.

PS so glad I didn’t pay to do the Les Witton Dartford 10km tomorrow to run in the snow as Kent always get it much worse than we do.

1 comment:

  1. I was lazy & reluctant today (Day 19), so I can relate! Only managed a walk, thus did not earn time in a sauna. I've barely earnt a bath, HA! Good work @ Janathon, keep on it :-)

    ReplyDelete