Wednesday 23 January 2013

Day 23, Many plans but a run and swim.



What a day; I was all over the place, shall I/shan’t I, is it/isn’t it safe. Plan A, get up and run outside but it looks icy and I can’t be sure, I even sneaked in the back of the car in just my bathrobe while Mr T dropped junior Miss T for her college bus to assess the pavement situation before getting dressed in running or not running kit. Our drive looks lovely if a little over salted.





But as soon as you go onto the pavements it was skiddy ice and the temperature was still zero degrees so it wasn’t melting in a hurry, well the next hour or so.  
So it was plan B, swim this morning. I have a very limited attention span and I just can’t keep count of how many lengths I swim so I time a few lengths then divide by the elapsed time and get a pretty good idea of how far I have gone.
 I love that I have a super speedy breaststroke and can overtake people in the lane next to me doing their best crawl, thanks Cassie Patten (name drop from me and hope you are recovering well). Even though I was off to work I managed to sneak a quick steam and sauna in and then train to work. I was so impressed that the station had been gritted so well I even toyed with coming back later, oyster onto the platform and run back and forth over the bridge for an hour.
Plan C and D was as soon as I get in from work I will go running if it stays dry. I was sure the ice would melt but the weather said snow flurries so I had a long dog walk planned. Do you follow? OK so came out of work and it was dark and dry but hubby says he’ll ride the bike with me for company and away I run. Plan x, a nice 12km round trip to Lakeside, but I have to walk some areas as they needed to go in the microwave on defrost and I wobbled to stayed upright. After 2½ km I started to feel wetness on my face, not just cold wind but some snow fluffing about so we took the short route and came back towards home, still managed 6¼ km but again not a good speed. I need to thank the lovely hubby as his hands were frozen and he rode slightly ahead and pointed out ice, puddles, sludgy snow and even wheely bins to me.  
Am watching Celebrity Big Bro,I love you Ryland, after a home made yummy but smelly fish curry and some popcorn and white chocolate melted into it to make clumps, well didn’t lose any weight this week so sulking and stuffing! The lovely Kim lost an amazing 4½ lbs I am so happy as she hasn’t been able to do any exercise with her crook back and still had a great weight loss, are we wasting our time running, swimming, weights, gym, yoga when it’s all food related?

My best run hat
PS this is not a cow hat and I wore it tonight an no one moo-ed at me! Oh and the dog, Pongo loves Amber most, even if he’s asleep and she walks into the room his tail goes into over wagging, we had to admit it the pup loves Bambi best.


Today totals
Swimming 10 mins
Running, ^ and a bit km, including snow and ice jumping.

Look Jemma
So cold I saved a penguin  

No comments:

Post a Comment