Monday 14 January 2013

Day 14, Let down by the snow, or lack of it


Day 14

I am disappointed; snow was thin this morning and was washed away by rain this afternoon. I didn’t even get a photo so today’s photo it was gone too soon. So this is my Grandparent’s wedding and I know the date 31st July 1937 at St. Paul’s in Whitechapel.
Sorry Grampee, cut the top of your head off!







I even went to work by train in my thick as can be coat, imitation snow leopard hat, skiing gloves and mega thick scarf. 

I am sad and have lost my running buddy but she has a Doctor’s note saying slipped disk, poor Kim is excused from the rest of Janathon. Bless her she even pleaded with her doctor to power walk but no avail and is now on rest and very gentle stretchy nothingness. We are both so sad and I may well go into mourning, full black, for the loss of my jiggle joggle buddy. 
As there really wasn’t much snow I should have gone running but so much gossip to catch up on and with no buddy I clocked into the gym. I had a plan but got stuck on the cross trainer gossiping for 45 minutes and I only stopped then as I was deserted for the Zumba class. I remembered I was on a planned day so went on to complete a brick training session. I’ve done a few triathlons and part of my training is getting used to changing muscle use from one activity to another and today I went from running fast (well for me) for 1km on the treadmill and then onto the bike for a fast six minutes and did this 4 times and wow I forgot how hard life can be but do you know I felt really strong. I hate treadmill running but actually short fast bursts seems to be the way forward for me as I didn’t feel bored but was mega hot being inside. I also had ten minutes on the power plates. Came out of the gym, still no snow, had my hair cut and went to work. 

Not so good after getting wet but the back is really excellent, also note to self : teddy orgy continues


It’s the 3 b’s time now, Big Brother, blogging and then bed time and still no snow.



Today Totals

Major bad news and no run fun without Kim
Brick training, Bike and running 40 mins ish?
Cross trainer, 45 mins
Powerplates 10 mins
New shirt snazzy hair cut 1


No comments:

Post a Comment