Tuesday 22 January 2013

Day 22, not much to say today so come on a fantasy row

No more fresh snow just icy and slippy, too slippy for me and my accident prone size 8½’s to go pounding the streets. I was up but our roads to the main road are still really iced up so I got a lift to the gym and started doing weights. I have a programme from way back, it was aimed for me preparing for a triathlon and had arms, mainly for swimming, legs and some abs. Although I have none planned for this year I still follow this programme as it keeps me firm(ish) well less wobbly. From the weights I went for a ten minutes change equipment cardio session, but I was chatting so plans were slightly changed and I biked for extra. I was very happy with my rowing today, I always try to bypass and probably only row once a week. I find it really hard on my knees but I do really enjoy a row and as I am a visual person I often row thinking I am ploughing down the Thames on the stretch which is familiar to me.
 In ten minutes I rowed 2.2km but in my mind I have left HMS Belfast, under Tower Bridge,
over the top of Rotherhithe tunnel, along and round the Isle of Dogs, yes ok the start of Eastenders, rowing over Blackwall Tunnel which my grandpa did something to help build or electrify it. I pull onto the 02
 to the right and the lovely Hotel we went to for my Birthday to the left, along through the flood barrier, planes landing at City airport to the left and Thamesmead to the right, in total about 10 km, but in Jacqui world I do all of that in 10 minutes at the gym.

 Went cross trainer and air bouncy cross trainer and hill walk. I even managed to fit 13 minutes of power plates and a cool down before I got a lift back.

Dog
 As I had work till 7pm I didn’t walk Pongo, who Mike has started calling Ermintrude or The Heifer, he’s not a cow, stop upsetting me  him.  

      



Cows 
Today totals
Rowing the East side of the Thames in 10 mins
Cardio in the gym, Biking, cross trainer, hill walk  1 hour
Power plates and  weights  30 mins

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful dog :) have always like dalmations - blame Disney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, we rehomed him a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete