Tuesday 8 January 2013

Is it already Day 8, only just 23.59


I'm sorry but today's blog is short but sweet with lots of photos as I've been to work this afternoon and football tonight. We, the royal we being Kim and I, fancied something different and so we went for a Thames riverside power walk and did a massive 8.5 KM round trip. I was really pleased at our speed and actually we were only 3 minutes slower per KM than running and didn't feel puffed at all. 




Today's questions that need answering are:- Is this sewage going into the Thames? and Why was there a convoy of about 10 pretty little expensive boats going into London, maybe the boat show?





Two lots of cruiser ships
So we set about putting the world to rights as we walked and time and KM's flew past. Highlights include seeing a couple of Eurostar trains whizzing past. I almost snapped them but was too slow with the phone or at the same moment was taking a photo of a boat we called a prison ship as it was so ugly but I did get one of the first  carriage, (message to Jemma "see look a TRAIN" but no dead animals to snap, best I could do was a  furry poo, Mumma is sorry and will try harder).
Look left and squint to see first carriage 


Prison Ship?

                                                  Lovely view of the Dartford Bridge from Aveley Bay  




Walk was also historical as it covers the concrete barges used in World War Two and dumped at Rainham



Also some modern art; a steel diver watching the Concrete barges

We both felt good and unfulfilled and went back to the gym for half hour on the bikes, more miles for us and felt much sweatier and heart pumping.


As I didn't have to doggy walk today I cycled to work, yes just to work as I left my padlock key at home, so left my pride and joy untethered and the long suffering Mr T flew down in the Galaxy to take bikey back to night nights in the garage. 


Am late because I have been to work till 7pm and then to watch the might Fleet stuff Cray Wanderers 5-1 so only just got in and blogged, happy days.


Today Totals

Power Walking 8.5km 1hour 23
Cycling, indoor and outdoor 11 miles, 53 mins
Football win 5-1, oh yes come on you Yellow and Green

No comments:

Post a Comment