Wednesday 16 January 2013

Day 16, Still cold and spinning today



Not so disappointed to wake up and still no snow, I was sort of prepared to be let down but it was so foggy I rubbed the bedroom window to be sure it was outside.
The day started with a doggy and Mother walk. My Mum had really high cholesterol like high 7’s and didn't want to take the medication so changed her diet and started walking and now she comes with Pongo 3 to 4 times a week which has lowered her bloods to5 The Doctor was amazed as they believed she had the hereditary high level from my Gran, who had a stroke before she was 50. A Mum and Pongo walk is always slower than a solo dog walk as we chat and it’s like a social trip out rather than a fast rate tear around. Back to today and it was so foggy and cold (-2 degrees) but we also hurried back partly because I was going spinning at the gym. 
Pongo looking for snow


A frozen puddle
Trench foot



The ground was mostly frozen but in a few places there was mud and my walking boots have stopped being waterproof so as I walked my toes went all prune like, by the time I got home I had a serious case of trench foot and felt like I was walking in mini boats after the Titanic had hit!
It was quick change and down to the gym for a 45 minute spin class. I haven’t been since before Christmas and I could tell as it was so hard, but you get out what you put in and today I got aches and pains. Today’s pain was my right knee as I stood and rode with high resistance it was paining on every rotation but hey as Chrissie says “go through it ” and Chrissie is Chrissie Wellington on Audiofuel rules run faster coaching tracks so she knows. I wasn't finished with the spinning as I went on to do a mix up of weights and then the power plates including 3 lots of plank. After my morning’s activity I had a look in Lakeside, tried on a dress from Zara which has £20 off but my boobs and hips aren't the same size so chest looked like a pillow stuffed into a small sized pillow case, waist as slim as anything and actually good hips and flattish tum. I didn't get it and now I'm thinking oh maybe I should have as we are going to a 60th birthday party next week. The day whizzed past and I started on loads of chores, changing our bed, hanging up washing, tumble drying and putting away washing and also cleaning Amber’s bathroom but didn't finish any and made a yummy roast dinner, some day are more ADHD than others. Had just a little Pongo walk with Mr T and now feeling a bit low with a sore throat and chest feels tight, hope to wake up and feel better, do you know what makes me feel better, snow! I am ready for it in my £2 imitation snow leopard hat!





Totals for today
Spin Class 1
Weight and power plates
Dog walks, 2
Aches and pain and comfort from microwave popcorn  1



2 comments: