Thursday 3 January 2013

Day 3 and it's a double eating out sort of day, but I did double train, who am I kidding!

Oooowh...er... go away evil food! If only I had food will power but next week is the start of the diet so at the moment it's eat as much as you can. Saying this I did have a double training day, shame I filled myself with double calories too!!!!
is it on or off?
The day started excellently with a banana and Jemma,  Liam, Mike and I hit the gym for an hour or so of weights, powerplates, bike and cross trainer. Then it was shower and down to Nandos for a beautiful butterfly chicken breast, OK so I had peas and half chips, half coleslaw but no dessert or wine, small goal achieved and not that bad. The was still reasonably good as all I had all afternoon was some coffee and a small chocolate biscuit. After hubby working all afternoon and quite a few chores but mainly fighting or breaking up fighting of 2 daughters, one fraping me to say she's number one child the other blocking me I was secretly looking forward to going for a run. I am not a night time runner. I work till 7 a few times a week and come in, eat, flop watch TV. Once it's dark I go into hibernation, but with my excellent run buddy awaiting my arrival together with the added confidence of  the super bright Ron Hill flashy light on blink I was ready to roam. I hope no one had an epileptic fit behind me as it was flashing on double time. We both felt like it was a fast run but in fact we were 4 minutes slower than yesterday, although we went anticlockwise, won't be doing that again if it's a slower route! There were a few highs of doing a nighttime run, the first being we got tooted up, now I just waved and hoped it was for us but in the dark we obviously looked thinner, younger and back to our pre-christmas and New Year binge self.

Another bonus was we could see in people's houses as it was too early for curtains closed, but we saw a huge, like 18 stone topless man sitting in Christmas pajama bottoms watching the box. We toyed with going back for a photo but felt we just couldn't share this large amount of whiteness with the world. Only other excitement apart from my moaning the whole way was I nearly got run over, as you will realise this is an almost daily occurrence. I would like to think I am mega focused, but just not in running. I am always walking in the road or walls, cupboards even door frames and sometime I can blame this on as being on my phone, but not always.

Life is good and the day ended with me having a shower and coming down to a huge amount of Chinese take away, which I tried so hard to just pick at but still had seconds and am now looking at a small Drambuie to wash the flavours out of my mouth, most people would brush their teeth. Hey looky looky Celebrity Big Bro is on, let's try again for a better food day tomorrow!

Here is today's route
http://www.runningfreeonline.com/act/951458/subView/Map


Totals today
Run 49 mins, 7 and a bit km
Cross trainer 15 mins
Power plates 15 mins
Weights 30 mins 
One fat topless man, almost run-over and yes, one again, broken diet again 

2 comments:

  1. You must go back and get a photo of the fat topless man and post it on your blog. That would be so cool. Good effort with the gym/running, but Nandos and a takeout in the same day? I'm so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No fat men today and I made it back to the kitchen today, gutted!

      Delete