Saturday 12 January 2013

Day 12, Evil cat, bear hat and I'm cold


Day 12 and yes it’s day two of Marks and Spencer £10 eat for two and I think both bottles of wine might well go. Well I have earnt it as it was so cold and I spent most of the day out in it, this morning running and this afternoon watching and cheering on at football. Firstly does my cat look evil when he yawns? 




Run was almost a non-starter today as Kim’s sciatica was bad and she’d been up on and off all night and when I came down it was raining really hard but that wasn’t real rain; that was conservatory rain. Is it me or does everyone’s conservatory amplify the rain so it sounds like a tropical rain storm in a small amount of drizzle. I texted Kim to check what the weather was like a few miles away but all ok and fine dampness so  got dressed and was ready to keep the cats in and leave home but as I bent down to do up my mud splattered trainer my recently (special) fixed bra gave way and there was a boob flood. As the temperature was only 2 degrees I was extra wrapped and had to remove bra, vest top with built in bra, t-shirt and flashy light overtop to find another bra in the dark as all are asleep and then get redressed, I then decided I did need the loo but at last left home, late again but wearing my Daddy bear hat and reporting for run duties, over wrapped and still cold! Mike had asked if when we ran we sang “if you go down into the wood today you’d better not go alone” as we ran.
I think I moaned the whole run today, I was cold, my ankle hurt, my knee hurt from prior slip, did I mention when I breathed in big sized breaths my lungs froze? The wind was bitter and it seemed like blowing in our faces the whole time but actually it was a slow but nice run and was so glad we did it especially if we really do get snowed in and will have resort to treadmill running. Kim pointed out that we saw lots more runners than usual, I wondered if it was people starting in training for a marathon or just January and everyone is Janathoning or being good and starting the year on a health kick.
I wasn't sure what to do as we were back by half past eight and had a sudden burst of come on the only way to be warm is to keep sweating so in the gym and cycling I did go and then had a power plates session and went stability ball mad, oh yes.  It was a pretty nice day as we dozed until Jehovah’s Witnesses knocked us up to offer us a new way of life, does anyone convert on the doorstep especially if being woken from a little slumber time?  

Dropped Goddaughters birthday present in and then back in the cold for an afternoon of football. A cheeky little chardonnay in the clubhouse, purely to help keep the cold out, but not for good luck as we lost 2-0. The lack of crowd as we all huddled together shows how cold it was, also the ball looks like a comet or is that just me?





I was still pretty cold when we got back from our footballing sorrows so I unwrapped and oven cooked/microwaved the yummy M &S dinner while Mike did a solo dog walk. Today we went with the dessert of raspberry and chocolate tarty thing and another couple of episodes of Cougar Town on DVD and probably a wine when the dinner’s gone down. Am back in my pyjamas but can dress in hurry if snow arrives and looking at the cat wondering if he is comfie or evil as he yawns. 


Todays Totals

Running 7 and a bit Km
Bike 30 mins
Power plates and stability ball 30 mins
Saying I am cold 143+

No comments:

Post a Comment