Sunday 6 January 2013

Day Six , odd shoes and a compromise rest day




 Day six and a strange day for me as I had a sports massage, went "up town" and am now in the same position as I was 24 hours ago, groundhog day comes to Serendipity.

Yesterday's planned binge ended with a couple of glasses of wine and some dog training. Yup I am so lazy whilst on the lap top on the floor and working my through the box set of Cougar Town, I was trying hard to get Pongo to fetch me a glass and some ice to have a tipple of an xmas present (thanks Chris). Now Pongo is an intelligent Dalmatian, but a little clumsy and also he couldn't open the freezer lid and my laziness fatigue, meant I only had one and went to bed. Felt bad as I let Kim down from running at 8am but did get up and have a swim, half an hours averagely fast pace, but as I had no goggles with me and the water at the pool is 100% chlorine, hospital disinfectant before heart surgery in that water, meant I could only do fast backstroke and breaststroke as I really didn't want to risk losing my sight.

The day carried on with a free sport massage, yes free, quite by chance I lucked into being offered one by my lovely yoga teacher who is doing a degree in something, OK so I stopped paying attention after the word free, but she needs 100 bodies to work on. Had a lovely hour and a quarter of discomfort but "for the greater good" (Hot Fuzz ). Rushed home and up town with the long suffering Mr T to view the Wallace Collection http://www.wallacecollection.org/visiting
Photo is Mike in a chain mail coat of armour from the armoury and not a knitted bed jacket. Visit was lovely and led to Pizza Express for two.
Having size 9 and not thin like a clowns extra wide hoofs I struggle to get shoes to fit me and when I saw this I just had to share that Cinderella was now on her way to the ball. This became a reccurring theme as when we walked down Lombard Street we found another solo Cinderella clue, size 6  Dorothy Perkins, so if you lost it at the weekend and it looked pretty new and in good condition it's still there.
Oh and one last photo as I have never noticed this at Bank station
Totals for a rest day
Swim, half an hour fast
Dog walkies, 23 mins, cold and in trainers
Lazing about being pulled poked and prodded 1 1/4 hours
Odd shoes 2
Pizza Express salad and a latta 1

No comments:

Post a Comment